Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Florida Supercon

This weekend I attended Florida Supercon, one of the largest con's in Florida, and it was so, so exciting! It was technically my first con, since the only other convention I attended was Infinitus, a Harry Potter Convention held in the Summer of 2010, so its been a couple of years.

There were panels, and then you could also wander around the convention hall either getting autographs (some paid, some free) and then wander into the merch area, which also had artist alley, where artists could show off their wares and you could buy them!

One of the first panel's I went to was a Power Ranger panel, and while some of the members couldn't come because of flight issues (I think), Cerina Vincent was still wonderful to hear talk! She played Maya in Lost Galaxy, and was one of the few that went on to act after appearing on Power Rangers.

The next panel I went to was Jim Shooter, who was the Editor in Chief for Marvel for 10 years, and created the Secret War storyline. He was hilarious to listen to, and had so many stories about that time period, and it was so great to hear him talk, and also hear his opinion on new Marvel, and also even how Marvel was run back then. His biggest comment was about how while the comics of today are wonderfully drawn, the storytelling isn't as strong as it used to be.

Jim Shooter
The last panel on Friday I went to was Brett Dalton's panel, who is an actual cinnamon roll too pure for this world. He wore a shark shirt. With matching shoes. I died.


His panel was hilarious, I was laughing the whole time, because he took it semi-seriously. My favorite quotes were "I still ship Skyward", "I would of gone for Jemma Simmons" and his way of saying Shield and Hydra, Shydra. He also refuses to believe that Ward actually shot the dog, and he loves all three of the theories about who Ward might be (Punisher, Hellfire, Taskmaster).

Saturday was insane. While Friday you could actually move around and spend time looking around, Saturday was packed. I also went with my parents, so the ability to look around and be a total nerd had to be a little turned down, which was disappointing (like they wouldn't let me spend $60 on Hayley Atwell's autograph, rude). 

I went to three more panels on Saturday, the first of which was Allen Bellman's, who is one of the last Marvel inkers/pencillers from the Golden Age era. He had plenty of stories also, and as one of the originally inkers of Captain America, it was honestly just an honor being in the same room as him.

Allen Bellman
Eliza Taylor's panel was the next panel I attended, and it was interesting. A lot of the questions were for her to say hi to people's friends, which was a little annoying, but there was a good amount of questions about Clarke's character development, and also the Lexa/Clarke and Bellamy/Clarke ships, which was nice to hear about. My favorite comment from the panel was about how Eliza hopes Clarke will be next season, she wants Clarke to be a little "weird" since she's kind of just wandering around the forest. 


The last panel of the weekend, which was arguably my favorite, was Hayley Atwell's Q&A. She is literal queen. She confirmed that Peggy Carter is bisexual, because she's a modern women, dammit. She also loved being on the Cap 3 set because she could do nothing except annoy Chris, and she loves pranking Chris Evans because she like seeing a "true alpha male" jump out of his skin at the pranks. Brett Dalton also crashed the Q&A, asking about how Peggy would feel about the growing threat of Hydra now that Ward is leader, and Hayley would love a time travel episode if she could force Ward to the side of good again (or at least thats what I think she said, memory is a little iffy because she's actually perfect).


So, the moral of the story is go to cons. Also bring a lot of money to said cons. Basically just go to your local cons, and have tons of fun. 




2 comments

  1. I've never been to a con so it's so nice to live vicariously through your wrap-up post ahaha xD Eliza Taylor!!!! That is is seriously so exciting, sucks that some people just kept asking her to say hi like ARE YOU KIDDING ME SOME OF US HAVE REAL QUESTIONS <.<

    Thanks for the wrap-up, Mae <33

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly, I'm super jealous you went to Infinitus; I haven't made it to a Harry Potter con yet (though maybe Leviosa next year? But I live in FL and it's so far away...). Anyway, this con sounds awesome, and I'm glad I got to at least experience it vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete